Brief course introduction
Webinar about the course
What do you want more than happiness?
We all long for it. It’s the desire underneath all of our searching.
Likely you realize it can’t be found externally. You may have tried to find it through forms of self-help. You’ve read inspiring books by great teachers. You’ve resonated with their wisdom. And have you ever struggled to live by these truths in your daily life?
The Bridge to Happiness course supports us in living from truth. It’s an accessible and informative course that integrates a variety of the great wisdom teachings. It shows you how to align your life with your deepest understanding.
The Bridge to Happiness is founded in the revolutionary understanding that your true nature is wholeness, awareness, and unconditional love. When we wake up to our true nature, our lives begin to transform. Then contemplative practice is no longer founded on striving and searching, rather the alignment of all aspects of your life with your realization.
You’ll be skilfully guided through this process by Caverly Morgan, a former monk who is dedicated to making contemplative wisdom accessible to all. Join us as we learn to live from authenticity and truth in daily life.
Caverly’s 4 Week Course Includes
Four 60 minute teachings
Filmed in high definition with teachings, guided meditations and experiential exercises. Released each Tuesday during the course and can be watched at your own pace throughout the week.
All videos include captions in English which can be enabled using the video playbar.
Four Live Sessions of 60 minutes
This is your chance to connect with Caverly live, ask questions, clarify your understanding and share what’s coming up for you in the course. Ask your questions on screen using your webcam, or via text. The power of being included and heard can offer great benefit in the process.
Interactive 1: Sunday 14 January – 9am PT, 12pm ET, 5pm UK, 6pm EU
Interactive 2: Sunday 21 January – 9am PT, 12pm ET, 5pm UK, 6pm EU
Interactive 3: Sunday 28 January – 9am PT, 12pm ET, 5pm UK, 6pm EU
Interactive 4: Sunday 4 February – 9am PT, 12pm ET, 5pm UK, 6pm EU
A virtual online sangha where you can come together with other like minded souls, learning and supporting each other.
Module 1: Recognizing the Conditioned Mind
The first module explores the fundamental philosophy of this course: the ultimate aim is happiness and we don’t have to suffer in order to end suffering. We’ll explore four foundational themes for our work together: directing the attention, the conditioned mind, negative self-talk, and the inner critic.
- We’ll experientially practice directing our attention, seeing how the quality of our lives is determined by the focus of our attention.
- We’ll experientially explore the nature of the conditioned mind — the mind of limitation — how we get identified, and how we can disidentify.
- We’ll bring awareness to negative self-talk — and explore its relationship to the inner critic.
This module orients us to the month-long journey we’ll be taking together. You’ll receive guidance on how to make the course a success. And receive a foundational framing with accompanying tools that are accessible and available in this moment. You’ll receive guidance on how to integrate these learnings between course sessions and receive support from an inquiry partner.
Module 2: Seeing How We Survived Our Lives
The second module is a deeper dive into processes of the conditioned mind. How did you survive your life? We’ll explore these questions through a playful, interactive story. You’ll gain insight into your survival strategies and how they limit you. We’ll explore how awareness practice is a radically different approach to meeting our unmet needs.
- We’ll experientially explore how our conditioning formed.
- We’ll get in touch with our survival strategies using the tool of the Enneagram.
- We’ll explore the relationship between survival strategies, unmet needs, and the inner critic.
- We’ll see how awareness practice helps us recognize our unmet needs and respond rather than react from conditioned survival strategies.
This module will give you important tools and insights to support the embodiment of your practice while leaving no stone unturned. In recognizing our conditioning we are naturally aligning with awareness. You’ll be given guidance on how to build on these learnings between sessions.
Module 3: Accessing Compassion
The third module explores how to consciously align ourselves with compassion. We’ll explore how contemplative practice no longer needs to be founded on striving and searching. We’ll reflect on how to align our life with our deepest understanding and live from truth.
- We’ll access inherent wisdom and compassion through a compassionate being guided imagery.
- We’ll introduce the self-compassion practice of reassurances — unconditionally loving statements — and how to craft them.
- We’ll explore how reassurances address both our unmet needs and ground us in inherent well-being.
This module moves us from seeing our identification with conditioning to embodying a compassionate relationship to ourselves and life. You’ll receive supports and practices for weaving compassion into your life, navigating stumbling blocks, and returning to center.
Module 4: Knowing Yourself as Awareness
The fourth module opens us to the recognition that awareness is the fundamental nature of our being. We’ll explore processes and practices of awareness. We’ll explore how contemplative practice no longer needs to be founded on striving and searching. We’ll reflect on how to align our life with our deepest understanding and live from truth.
- You’ll experience a spacious guided meditation to familiarize you with knowing yourself as awareness.
- We’ll explore the relationship between knowing ourselves as awareness and our happiness.
- We’ll explore the big shift from seeing ourselves separate to recognizing our inherent interconnection — and how that transforms our relationship to suffering.
- We’ll integrate our explorations of the conditioned mind with this new understanding of knowing ourselves as awareness.
- We’ll explore how to act and live from this transformative understanding.
This module is designed to embody and reflect the understanding that our true nature is wholeness, awareness, and love. Through reflection, exploration, and inquiry, we’ll ground our journey in this fundamental and revolutionary understanding. You’ll be given guidance and tools on how to integrate this Bridge to Happiness in your everyday life beyond this course.
Caverly Morgan is a meditation teacher, change-maker, and visionary. Her passion is igniting personal transformation and collective awakening. As a meditation teacher, she blends the original spirit of Zen with a modern nondual approach. She spent eight years in a silent Zen monastery and has been teaching since 2001.
As a change-maker, Caverly is pioneering new depths in mindfulness education through Peace in Schools. She created the first for-credit mindfulness class in high schools in the United States.
As a visionary, she is dedicated to actualizing possibility, serving love, and embodying the truth of interconnection. She invites you to join her in realizing an awakened world.
Caverly leads meditation workshops and retreats and offers consultations for individuals. She lives in Portland, Oregon with her husband, Vineet, and their two dogs, Sweetpea and Bankei.
Option to pay in 3 monthly instalments
Limited scholarships are available.
Click here for more details on how to apply.